Go down
Minty
View user profilehttp://yeolatengo.forumotion.com

Re: PES19: Journeyman

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:41 am
APRIL 2019

I do love a good wobble. In terms of the title race, it's far from over. To the point where Grenoble Foot is back in contention with Mets - edging closer and closer with each dropped points. It's going to take a series of poor performances to blow this lead, so I can't afford to repeat the antics of this month in May.

Against Nancy, we were without Giroust and Livolant. I think we only managed 2 shots on target and the goal itself was a corner. However, the kids returned in the following match;

Honestly, the complete lack of clean sheets is driving me insane. We keep conceding first for most games and after the fact, I am playing catch up. So the Defence is consistently weak and without our star players, who on the whole did play a lot less this month due to poor form, the team is considerably over-achieving. With my plans to move to a new league in the summer, I worry that Chateauroux will be gutted (both from retiring players and bigger clubs scooping up the talent) and they'll struggle to breach 20 points, should we secure promotion.

Part of my plans to address this has been through scouting. We need a new CB, LB and most likely, a new AM. I've made one signing official already.

TRANSFER NEWS

In a way, I am a little gutted about this. If I am to depart the club, it means I won't get a chance to see him in action myself. Turning 20 at the end of the month, he has made infrequent appearances for France at U-16 level through to U-20, so the potential is there. He's a tall CB but boy, does this kid have some pace. Next to Conde, he could form a solid partnership where they can play a higher defensive line (trust me, if I don't play with a deep line, I would concede 2 goals a match from through balls!). He doesn't really cover the loss of a ball playing CB, but that's not really my problem anymore...

I will keep an eye on how he gets on. I certainly wouldn't mind managing him at some point in the future if he grows as expected!
Minty

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 pm
MAY 2019

Bloody nightmare. It started by letting Clermont constantly pull themselves back into the game, another draw and then double loses. 

Despite the shit month, there was some good news. First was Livolant v Clermont. Fuck knows what was up his arse but the kid was on fire:

And then the most underwhelming way to secure a title ever documented. Against Lorient we were confirmed as a Ligue 1 team next season. In the following loss to Troyes, we had mathmatically won the title.

Our Captain lifts the trophy (as his personal career draws to a close) and that's job done. Being real for a second, with one win in two months... I don't feel I deserve it! But thankfully the first 3/4 make me feel better about it!

One game of the season left and it's really a game that I want to go out and make up for these past two months!
Minty

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:59 pm
JUNE 2019

Brilliant.

Not like we even scored first hahah. I played all of the retiring players and it's fair to say they had mixed games...

Raineau, who for the most part has been distinctively average, actually bagged the assist for Giroust's equaliser! Only his second under my management (like I said before, it's not good enough) so that was a nice send off! On the other hand, Captain Bourillon...

May have been sent off for murdering one of their forwards... It worked out as it stopped what would have been a certain goal and we didn't concede. But what a great way to bow out! 

What a WUM

But that's a wrap! 

Coming up; end of season stats and the next stage of the journeyman career!
Minty

on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:23 pm
END OF 2018 - 2019 STATISTICS

Final Table:

Team of the Season:

Individual Titles:

Goal Ranking:

Assist Ranking:

Player Statistics:

Minty

on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:53 pm
It has been a long summer but we're back in action! Into Ligue 1 - where our ambitions are mostly to survive.

But before we could even think about that, we do some holes to fill, after 3 players retired, and a need to bolster the quality & depth within the squad. With the departure of January signing Cascini to Midtjylland for 4.5 million, we had a budget of around 6,000,000 in transfer funds and 1,500,000 in wage budget to perform the surgery that is needed to improve the team. It was important that we identified target who are French, young and have plenty of room to grow (hey... worked out well so far!). So I started by pulling up a few youngsters from the academy (which is where Giroust came from).

Youth Academy Graduates:

Distinctively not all that French, but I picked these out for what they could add to our team. I fear Livolant won't be long for this team, so I wanted to pick up another kid who might eventually fill his space in the team. He'll get some time from the bench, but it's much to early for Bjerre right now. Butelle on the other hand was too good to just leave him in the academy. Like most of my backups, I will use him when my first choice needs a rest, but I don't imagine he'll have much of impact for a few years yet. Finally, Kiss was interesting. As we lost a DM to retirement, I wanted someone to come in to sort of repeat the cycle. Plus, he already has the Anchor Man play style, which will come in handy should I need him to shut a game out. There's are all ones for the future, but they give us a bit of depth where we were lacking.
Then we made 4 signings! 
Transfers In:

Thuler is a young CB signed for 1,300,000 from Flamengo. Between him and the Winter arrival of Basila, the second CB spot next to Conde is pretty much up for grabs. I favour Basila, but I won't rule anything out. Speaking of, here is his profile!

As you can see, they're very similar! Same age, same rating. So I think it will be interesting to see how that one plays out.

Next was the man targeted to come-in to be our new number one LB. Cozza arrives for 1,750,000 from Montpellier (with young DM Sissako, who failed to impress, swapping shirts). Certainly looks like he good be an asset. Young and French. Perfect combo.

The next two players, Congre and Duris, arrived on free transfers. Congre has been identified as being our utility man who can play anywhere across the defence. Primarily, I will use his as the backup RB. Duris however is a man to provide backup for the AM position. But he has the added benefit of basically being able to fit any of the forward positions, making him perfect for the bench..

But wait, there's more! 

Stepping up a level, I thought I could do with adding some seasoning to the team. So I hit up the loans.

Loans In:

Bazoer arrived from Monaco, after being placed on the loan list after only making 15 appearances this season. As he effectively fits straight into this team and will play every game, this year loan should be pretty fruitful for us both! With Bazoer helping our fight to stay in the league, it does give some of our young midfielders a chance to develop and become a player to step up once he leaves. As for Wolf, he arrives from Dortmund. It would be nice to have a quality winger in the squad who I can count on in the big games (I've already set up my tactics, more below) and with his pace, he could be a weapon off the bench. 

To be honest, that should have been the last of the merry-go-around for the window. But then we had some late bids come in...

Operi, our second choice LB last season, was in demand by Rangers. It represented a great move for him, so I felt bad getting in the way of it. I dug around and see if I could pluck any of their talent. Turns out, they don't really have any. But, they did have a 22 year old Frenchman playing DM called Kaddouri rotting away. They didn't want him so I thought why not make the trade? It was effectively a player for player trade, as both of their values negated a transfer fee. I don't know how or when I will use him, but given my misery with DM's last season, I didn't think it could hurt to have an extra choice avaiable.

Finally, the last player we picked up was a young LB who had found his way to Denmark. Jordy Gaspar can play both flanks and he is quick as sin. Excited to see how he gets on!

2 New Signings:

And that's about everything. A few players have found new clubs (I wasn't just stockpiling players hah)

• Merghem -> Air Force Central (150k)
  • Operi -> Rangers (Trade)
  • Sissako -> Montpellier (Part-Exchange)
  • Pillot -> Released
  • Chevreuil -> Loaned Out

With all of that transfer business wrapped, I wanted to refine the tactics ahead of pre-season. There was still a huge need to tighten up the defence, as we gave away a lot of goals last season. So i'll be experimenting with a 4-4-2 counter attacking formation that I can switch too once I want to see a game out. Our main 4-3-3 will remain the same, as it was primed for scoring a lot of goals. I'll try and get more out of the DM's to break up attacks, but I don't have high hopes.

FIRST 11: Contreras (GK), Soumare (RB), Conde (CB), Basila (CB), Cozza (LB), M'Bone (DM), Bazoer (DM/CM), Livolant (AM), Boukari (RW), Giroust (CF), Barthelme (LW)

RESERVE 11: Butelle (GK), Congre (RB), Thuler (CB), Vanbaleghem (CB), Gaspar (LB), Vucetic (DM), Niang (DM), Duris (AM), Wolf (RW), Diarra (CF), Mandanne (LW)

YOUTH 11: Post (GK), Congre (RB), Fofana (CB), Vanbaleghem (CB), Gaspar (LB), Kiss (DM), Kaddouri (DM/CM), Bjerre (AM), Hassan (RW), Duris (CF), Yamga (LW)

That's everything. Pre-Season begins with soon with Barcelona and Juventus on the radar...
Minty

on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I seriously have no idea what went on with the Barcelona game... We'll get there.

Our first match against Shaktar Donetsk was a free throw. Set up with the youth side and just wanted to see how they would perform. Everything considered, the 2-2 was a great result. 

With the first team fully fit, I wanted to see how they would get on against Barcelona. I didn't want to cap them, I just wanted to see them attack. But 7 goals... against what was mostly their first team, is just ridiculous. Suarez pulled one back for them, after our first. And scored a consolation at the end. But this was Giroust and Livolant at their stunning best. Barcelona were not at all helped by Pique, who was made to look like a clown on more than one occasion. If it was not for his errors, it would have been about 4 goals at best. But what a way to inspire confidence for the season ahead.

Conversely, the game against Juventus was the opposite. A side known for their defensive prowess, I wanted to match them. The perfect result here would have 0-0 as it meant that I had a formation that can shut out a team lining up with Ronaldo. Come half time, we were winning 1-0. Consequently, this was more impressive to me than all of the goals in the former game. Keep Juventus quiet for 45 minutes made me feel great and that should I switch to this tactic to close a game out, it has the capability to do just that. In the second half, Ronaldo had other ideas and hit a brace. But a last minute equaliser from Giroust meant that we came away with a nice draw. 

With that, our pre-season tournament came to an end. It was a great run out and a number of our players really impressed. Particularly Yamga & Hassan, two wingers who had been flirting for more game time last season. They really stepped up and i'll certainly consider them a lot more now.

Starting the season then, I definitely did not expect our very first game to end 4-4. It was a bit of a nightmare, in truth. We pulled it back three times! Livolant was in inspired form. His first was a fine strike across goal from outside the box, and his second, his received a cross from Cozza on the left, and with 2 touches, flicked the ball towards goal with his left foot and with one swift turn, volleyed it across goal into the side netting with his right foot. Talk about inspired. Second half substitute Wolf came on and bagged himself the other 2 goals. Meaning Giroust's return to league football ended with a blank. Hit the post a couple of times though!

Finally, we came up against fellow promotion rivals Grenoble.

Giroust was given a little rest and we set up with Diarra. It was pretty tough viewing as it looked like we would be dropping points for a second game running, but ya' boy only came on to score a last minute winner.

In the end, it has been a fantastic month for the club. First game of next month? PSG.
Minty

on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:01 pm

You have to admit, that 4 points against in a month where we faced 2 of the best teams in the league isn't really all that bad!

Against PSG, they showed why they had the conceded 0 goals up until we played them. Absolute unit. Giroust scored a consolation goal out of nowhere towards the end of the match, but the game was already done. 

Loan signing Wolf had a great month, with a goal and assist. I really like the look of him and I worry he might be some trouble replacing him once he leaves. Cozza, the new LB, looks great and has been more productive than our last one over an entire season. Probably for the best he retired tbh.
Minty

on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Don't refresh your screens.

Yes. We picked up 2 clean sheets. I can hardly believe it myself.

Not only that, But against Nantes, Giroust grabbed himself a hattrick too. Honestly, if anything, he has improved since moving to the highest league. Not only is he the leagues top scorer after this month, but he's linking up very well with other players. He should have more assists than he does.

4 wins and 1 draw and we sit 2nd in the league. Nowhere near PSG, and with rival teams right behind us. It has certainly been a surprise, but this team just bleeds goals. I'll be surprised if we go a game without scoring. And with that belief, comes the fact that we always have a chance in a game.
Minty

on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:14 pm

The month of 3's. 3's everywhere. 

Shout out to Giroust with his 3 goals & 3 assists. Likewise for the Wolf. That man is a weapon when balls are played across the box. Most of his goals are just from being in space on the right flank.

Livolant had a decent month too. He's having a mixed season so far. He either bangs or is a passenger. 

Defensively, I continue to grow frustrated. Though after looking into the players, I think I know the reason. For each player, I am able to check out their familiarity with my tactical instructions. It turns out, the way I am asking them to defend is alien to all but my captain, Conde. What it also means is that my signings take longer to adapt because I haven't been paying attention to what sort of tactics they are used to. Basila for example has apparently never played in any sort of defensive set-up in his life. I guess it means I can grow and shape him into a perfect player for my team, but it's going to take a lot of playing time and consequently, a lot of poor performances to get there. My other CB is better suited to my tactics though, so going forward, i'll partner him with Conde. 
Minty

on Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Bit of a monster month, but on the whole, it was excellent for us. I don't quite understand how we're playing so well, but I won't ask too many questions. We remain second, but the table hasn't really changed. Double losses could see us drop down to 5th haha. But for now, it's good to be the team chasing PSG.

I made some tactical changes this month. I now instruct my FB's to push into the middle, rather than bomb it down the wing. It has certainly proved pretty fruitful when you reflect on the fact that in 6 games, we conceded 3. Three clean sheets too. 

Highlight of the month has been seeing Giroust take his kit off after hitting a brace against OL. Hot form demands for extreme measures. By the end of the season he'll be masquerading around the pitch with nothing but his briefs.

January next, included a game against league leaders PSG.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum