Go down
View user profile

Re: FM 2017: Reisen er belønning

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
7th July 2021

Another major signing.

I didn't really have a defensively minded centre midfielder and, while being one of the strongest teams in the league means we can often get by without one, it was definitely something that was missing from the squad. Partey's a defensive player, Dzagoev and Golovin are fairly deep creative types fairly similar to each other, and Eremenko is much more attack-minded; I plan to rotate between the four and usually select three at a time depending on the nature of the opposition.
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:37 am
18th July 2021

The board have given me my expectations for this season.

To qualify for the Champions League we need to finish 1st or 2nd.

I think they're reasonable objectives although I'd love to go further in Europe. 

In other news I've been asked to submit my squad numbers for the coming season and I've given new signing Thomas Partey, a central midfielder, number 3. This is part of my tactic to enhance realism by occasionally giving out a really rogue number that would infuriate me in real life (they do, unfortunately, happen).
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am
1st August 2021

First game of the new Prem'er Liga season and, well, we're shit-hot. We start things off with a 6-0 win.

The highlight was a first-half hat-trick from 19-year-old regen striker Mikhail Rodionov. This guy, I swear.

Spent all that money on Manaj to be first-choice striker and he didn't even make it off the bench. He's been Soldado'd by the Russian Kane.

To be fair Manaj had a very poor pre-season which is why Rodionov got the nod to start this one. Part of my challenge now will be using some smart rotation to get Manaj off the mark.
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 pm
27th August 2021

We have made it through two qualifying rounds to reach the Europa League group stage, where we have been drawn against Celta Vigo, Red Bull Salzburg and Guingamp.

We are second seeds but I think this is a very winnable group.
View user profile

on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 pm
1st September 2021

The transfer window is closed:

Survived a couple of scares late on in the window. Firstly, right-back Mario Fernandes came to me asking to let him join Man United so he could play in the Champions League. I was able to calm him down by promising he could leave if we don't make the CL this season.

Secondly, PSG made a deadline day bid for my talented 16-year-old keeper, Denis Veretennikov. Real Madrid are also rumoured to be interested - he's a real talent.

I think PSG's bid was a bit unnecessary because even if I'd accepted it, there's a rule that doesn't let U18 Russian players move abroad so it wouldn't have gone through until January 2023 (!). As it was I convinced Denis to sign a new contract and stick around. Despite his age he is my main backup to Akinfeev and made his debut in one of the Europa League qualifiers.

In our first five games we have scored 14 and conceded 1!
View user profile

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:49 am
24th October 2021

This guy. He is, I swear, the Russian Harry Kane.

He's the Russian Harry Kane because he's a kid but he's scoring so many goals off the bench that he's leaving me with no choice but to start him. He's the Russian Harry Kane because he's scored ten league goals in nine league games this season, and only four of those nine games have been starts. He's the Russian Harry Kane because four of those ten goals have been penalties, and the penalties are fucking flawless. He's the Russian Harry Kane because it's October and this kid has scored SEVENTEEN goals in all competitions. Seventeen goals in sixteen games. Nine starts.

The difference between Mikhail Rodionov and Harry Kane is that Rodionov made his debut for Russia earlier this month, aged 19. Harry Kane didn't make his international debut until he was 21. When Harry Kane was 19 he was being shipped off on loan to Norwich to score no goals in three appearances. Rodionov is therefore better than Harry Kane by a measure of two years.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 am
4th November 2021

This savage assessment from 'radiosport.ru' is, to be honest, completely fair.

We've been very poor. The 5-2 defeat to Celta that it mentions, we were actually 5-0 down after an hour in that one. That was our first group match and things didn't get much better from there.

An unsuccessful first European campaign for Fritjof, and a missed opportunity to increase his reputation on the continent, but I'm sure his time will come.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm
10th December 2021

It's now the mid-season break. 

Cup competitions have gone very badly. Our final two Europa League games didn't see any improvement and so we finish with just four points. The board expected us to progress and I expected us to win the group.

The domestic cup, the Kubok Rossii, went just as badly - we were knocked out in the Sixth Round (that's one before the quarter-final) despite the board expecting us to reach the final.

However, the league campaign is going so well that on balance we're still having a strong season. Over halfway now and we're still unbeaten, having only conceded six goals so far and having built up an eight-point lead at the top. In danger of running away with it.

Fritjof has now taken charge of 30 CSKA league games, the equivalent of a full season. His record over that period is P30, W23, D5, L2. If all those games had come in the same season his points total of 74 would absolutely smash the current Prem'er Liga record (68).

With fourteen games left this season and no other competitions to distract us, we need to focus on securing the title and then we can start thinking about records etc.
View user profile

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:07 pm
13th December 2021

For fuck's sake, not this again :mock:

View user profile

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:41 pm
4th January 2022 

What the fuck is this shit? Am I really going to be denied the chance to complete an unbeaten season by these shitbag new owners?!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum