Go down
View user profilehttp://yeolatengo.forumotion.com

PES 18: YEOVIL TOWN

on Tue May 08, 2018 5:31 pm
Allow this to be a place holder for information to come. 

I set out to create a Yeovil All-Star team from a wide range of former players, be them real or fictional, to progress through an entire career without having to worry about ever losing them. Even if they reach the age of retirement, they would simply be reborn (as if I would get that far).

Some key points to remember:

* The core of the squad will remain unchanged. I wont be selling anyone, but to keep things interesting, I am open to making signings for added depth. For example, I simply don't have enough midfielders. So I signed a couple from the clubs Youth Academy to make up for the shortage. Hopefully, as the players grow and their stamina improves, I can rely on them less. But in the future I would be happy to make some transfers for bigger players. 

* Each season will result in a new kit. I will keep them all stored in here for reference.

* Cesar Vinicio Pereira Junior has been designed to be the one star player. Whether he can capture the glory days of Fifa 15 remains to be seen, but he is best equipped to do that more than anyone else.

* To simulate the fact that Yeovil are a new team in the league, I have simulated the entire first season (as though they had just been promoted from League 1). They finished one point above the would-be relegation zone so it seems fitting that they would sack their manager. So I have effectively taken over from that point onwards

* PES works in such a way that team chemistry is huge. By default, the chemistry level was in the low 60's. This takes a huge injection if you sign a player with certain traits (in this case, I have signed a young Portugese winger who has the trait of being a 'Smart Player') which basically means people sort of look up to him on the pitch to do the right thing. By making him the captain, the chemistry raises to a mid-80's level. This makes all the difference. He will have to feature until one of our own becomes.. smart enough basically. Or by becoming a legend or a few other classifications. Who knows, maybe this kid will do well enough to become a mini-Yeovil legend?

I am not sure how I will post in this thread. I am thinking I will make one post per season. But as anything notable happens, I will edit the post to basically make a diary? Something like that! I will edit this post at some point with squad details!

Re: PES 18: YEOVIL TOWN

on Tue May 08, 2018 6:07 pm
2018 - 2019

OFFICIAL KIT MANUFACTURED BY SONDICO FOR 18/19

HOME:

AWAY:
GK:

SEASON DIARY
[Notable games during the course of the season]

FA CUP ROUND 2
After defeating Fulham in the first round of fixtures, we had the poor fortune to be drawn against Spurs in the following round. As though this was not punishment enough, they pretty much went full strength (well, they played Sissoko ahead of Lamela, but otherwise, this was your classic Spurs side. Eriksen was preferred to Alli at AM with Kane leading the charge.

I was well aware of that fact that I simply wouldn't be able to get away with the usual attempt at playing football that I like to try and play, so I went full Jose and set my team up to counter attack. 5 in defence, 2 DM's and 3 forwards ready to attack. We even set up to Swarm the box (basically but every man in the box during defensive phases) whilst leaving a counter target up top to reach long balls. All in all - we were well poised for the smash and grab.

The story of the game is thus. We took the lead by scoring directly from a corner. Kane quickly equalised. Then on a counter attack, my main forward, Per Verner Hestad, goes and does this...

Quite the beauty, ain't she? Well, it wasn't enough as Kane found his way to shit on our dreams once again. Fast forward to the second half and we yet again find another goal on the 80th minute. Surely.. that would be enough? Well. Kane scored again. Taking us into extra time at Wembley. Thankfully my cowardice tactics meant we were mostly equal to them on stamina exerted and they didn't run away with it. So much in fact that we reached the end of the tie 3-3 and the game went to penalties.

At this point, the outcome was out of our hands. Put all of our attempts in and hope for them to mess up. What actually happened is the stuff of fantasy. Ortiz made not one, not two, but three straight saves! We put all of our chances away past Vorm and that was it. Into the next round where we drew Palace!  

UPDATE
Our run was cut short by a 2-0 defeat against Chelsea in the Quarter Finals. Might as well add them to the 'Rival' list for that tbh. They're the ones who are meant to bend over for the little teams in the FA Cup ffs.

AUTOMATIC PROMOTION
On MD40 (I am not a fan of 46 matchdays a season...) we finally gained automatic promotion. The entire season has been a race between ourselves and Crystal Palace but I quickly lost sight of the fact that we were so far ahead of everyone else. On this Matchday we came up against Birmingham at Home. Obviously, given my former attachments to the club, I didn't want to do them too dirty. I was genuinely trying to not do them over that much but the match somehow ended 7-1? Prior to this game, the best result we had was 5-0 against Norwich, but otherwise, I would hit an average of 2 a game. Anyway, enjoy some of the highlights!

Cesar with the outside of the boot finish. Dirty bitch

Honestly at this point their CB's had probably decided they couldn't be arsed

Quick feet from Park to net the 7th of the game

They look pretty chuffed to have gained automatic promotion..

Now it's just a fight for the title. Between us and Palace, who are also competing against our players for the golden boot (Psyche v Sorloth) and Assists (Ligero v Cabaye). That's right. Our RB is gunning for the most assists. The dude has a fierce cross on him. Basically powers into Hestad who taps it in for a goal. He has also been our corner taker for the season too however (scored about 3)

MD44 v CRYSTAL PALACE (A)
In an interesting turn of events, it happened to be that I could clinch the title with a victory against Palace. There was quite a lot to play for as it meant we could aid our players statistics whilst holding them back, increasing their goals against column (it has bugged me all season that they have a better record), do it in-front of their fans (worst fan base ever?) and get back at them for beating us at home in the first half of the season. Well, to cut a long story short, it was mission accomplished on all fronts (minus the fact that their top scorer scored... asshole)

We took the lead on five minutes! Ligero to Hestad. Outside of the boot cross. This guy laughs at the standard of this league haha

Nathan Smith set up Chanturia for the second. It actually hurts me that I am such a crossing merchant across both games tbhwy

In the end, we won 1-3!

Ortiz is being very obnoxious here bouncing their two heads up and down...

on Thu May 17, 2018 2:41 pm
2018 - 2019
END OF SEASON 

FINAL TABLE:

ACCOLADES:

GOAL & ASSISTS TABLES:

PERFORMANCE STATISTICS:

PLAYER STATISTICS 
[REGRETABLY FEATURES NEXT SEASONS KIT. BUT DOES INCLUDE THE NEW PLAYER FACES]

GOALKEEPERS:

FORWARDS:

DEFENDERS:

MIDFIELDERS:

SEASON OVERVIEW

In all fairness, we mostly ran away with the league. It wasn't without plenty of last minute drama to steal a lot of games, or throwing them away for that matter, but we got by in the end. The squad have developed very nicely but I worry that it might just be a little too soon for the Premier League. We might actually be up for a real scrap at times. I will also be increasing the difficulty to the highest level (I had to drop it to play this season cause it was just too hard to get into otherwise) so that should be interesting. At a minimum I want to finish midtable, but the best would be the Europa League (potentially through the FA Cup?). 

As for this season, we achieved everything we wanted. Top goal scorer, assists, best manager and a bunch of players made it into the Team of the Season (interestingly, Hestad was voted Player of the Season!). I believe that a large part of our success was down to all of our forwards hitting 10+ goals (Choupo-Moting spent the season out on loan). Also note that the few rotation players we own have not been included, but know they also contributed a few goals and assists. They only play when fitness requires it. I will be looking to sign some more former players who can fill some slots (Paul Huntington at CB, Steipermann who can play LB, CM and LW, Luke Ayling for RB and CB and finally, Kieffer Moore as super sub Striker!) and they will be added to the list whenever they join the team.

On the whole - onto the Premier League we go!

on Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm
2019 - 2020

OFFICIAL KIT MANUFACTURED BY SONDICO FOR 19/20

HOME:

AWAY:

GK:

SEASON DIARY
[Notable games during the course of the season]
Sponsored content